Thank you for your interest in Oakland School for the Arts!
Oakland School for the Arts is a free, public school chartered by Oakland Unified School District. OSA does not discriminate in admissions on the basis of academic history, academic preparation, citizenship, color, creed, English proficiency, ethnicity, disability, gender expression, gender, home language, home living situation, immigration status, learning differences, national origin, parental/guardian marital status, political affiliation, race, religious or spiritual practice, or sexual orientation.
2021-22 School Year Applications for 6th Grade will be accepted from November 16, 2020-February 5, 2021.
School applications for next year’s incoming 6th graders are NOW OPEN!
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 5, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Families applying for 6th grade can explore their school options and apply to schools at
- Click on the teal “Charter” button: https://enrolloak.schoolmint.net/
- Sign-up with a mobile phone number or email
- Create profile, choose school(s), and SUBMIT
- Please note that OSA is phasing out auditions over the next five years. Incoming 6th graders are entered through a lottery system without auditions.
- Applications for all who wish to enter our 6th grade class in the 2021-22 school year must be submitted through the Oakland Enrolls charter school online application platform (link above).
2021-22 School Year Applications for 7-12th Grade will be accepted October 1, 2020 - December 11, 2020.
- Students moving into 7-12th grade are entered into OSA's enrollment lottery based on an audition. The audition is designed to identify students with demonstrated interest, aptitude and potential in one of ten art forms. The audition evaluates artistic skill & potential; academic grades are not a factor.
- Applications for grades 7-12 in the 2021-22 school year are accepted between October 1, 2020 - December 11, 2020. No applications will be accepted after December 11, 2020.
- Oakland School for the Arts is a free, public school chartered by Oakland Unified School District. OSA does not discriminate in admissions on the basis of race, color, creed, disability, learning differences, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, home language, sexual orientation, religious or spiritual practice.
- Auditions for grades 7-12 for the 2021-22 academic year will take place on January 9 and February 13, 2021 for those who have submitted an application by the December 11, 2020 deadline.
- Applicants may audition for one or two arts programs. The audition is designed to identify students with demonstrated interest, aptitude and potential in one of ten art programs. The audition only evaluates artistic skill & potential; academic grades are not a factor. Applicants are evaluated based on a standard for each art program. Applicants are never evaluated against each other. Letters of recommendation are not accepted. Please read the Enrollment Process for more information.
- OSA often has more applicants than available seats. When the number of applicants in a particular program exceeds the available seats at grade level, the students are selected based on OSA's enrollment lottery. Selection of students who are invited to enroll is determined by the lottery; no other factors are considered.
- Information about location and audition time will be sent two weeks before the audition.