Internal Transfers Information
This page is for current OSA students who wish to switch artistic sub-pathways.
OSA Arts Sub-Pathway Transfer Process (2024/25)
- Audition requirements by sub pathway are available here.
- Students complete the Arts Pathway Transfer Request form. Students must use oakarts.org email to complete the form. Deadline to submit form is January 17, 2024
Overview and Dates
Auditions: Wednesday, January 31, 2024. between 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm.*
*Check pathway requirements for portfolio deadlines required by January 24th.
Basic Transfer Requirements: if you do not meet these requirements, you may not be eligible to transfer.
- Students attend all current arts classes daily and complete assignments.
- Conduct and engagement in the current pathway reflects student’s commitment to the arts program at OSA.
- Students are scored using a common rubric.
- Once offers are accepted or declined, students cannot change until the 25/26 school year.
If you indicated on your transfer form that you wanted to shadow your desired arts sub-pathway and meet the basic transfer requirements, you will be contacted with the date and time of your shadow. Shadowing is not required.
Questions about the Audition Requirements
Please make sure to read the audition requirements for the arts sub-pathway and contact the chair of the sub-pathway with any questions. Chair contact information is available here. If you’re shadowing, you should make sure to touch base with the chair of the arts sub-pathway you’re auditioning for.
Acceptance and Your Spot at OSA
If you’re accepted into a new arts sub-pathway, you’ll begin there on the first day of the 2024-25 academic year. You’ll end the current academic year in your current sub-pathway. If you’re not accepted into another sub-pathway, you stay where you are. However, if you accept a spot in a new arts sub-pathway, you cannot return to your old one without another audition next year. You must accept or decline by the established deadline.
Transfer Audition & Waitlist
Current OSA students are given the highest preference when it comes to enrollment. However, there are two reasons why you may be denied entry into your desired sub-pathway:
- You did not satisfy the audition requirements, or you did not score high enough in the audition.
- There is not enough space in that arts sub-pathway and is placed on a waitlist.
If we have more internal transfers than we have space, we will do a random drawing of students to determine who will get a slot. OSA students who satisfied the audition requirements, but don’t get a space, will be put at the top of that sub-pathway waitlist.
Questions about the process- email email@example.com