Oakland School for the Arts is a public charter school. In order to provide the best education possible we raise about 16% of our budget every year to fund our arts programs, facility maintenance and upgrades, technology and special programs. Every dollar you donate goes directly to ensuring that our students receive an exceptional education from OSA.
How do I make a gift to OSA?
Oakland School for the Arts accepts gifts of cash, checks and credit cards. Credit card gifts can be made online.
Mail checks to:
Oakland School for the Arts
530 18th Street
Oakland, CA 94612
Giving to OSA FAQ’s
How will my donation make a difference?
Gifts to OSA keep the school running, including support for the following:
- Faculty and staff salaries
- Maintenance and enhancements for OSA’s historic buildings
- Funding and resources for student-led performances at OSA’s Marion E. Green Black Box Theater, White Box Gallery and Sweet’s Ballroom, as well as other Oakland venues including the historic Fox Theater
- Student internships and community collaborations
- Support for innovative technology in the classrooms
- OSA’s onsite Learning Center that offers after-school, one-on-one tutoring and additional support for our students
- When Foundations and other major donors consider making a significant gift to OSA, they often use family participation in annual giving to gauge the level of parental support of the school.
Oakland School for the Arts is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations made to the school are fully tax deductible.
Are there other ways I may contribute?
Yes. Other opportunities to support OSA include:
If you or your spouse worked for or are retired from a company that offers matching gifts you may be able to double, or even triple, your donation to OSA. Contact your Human Resources department to find out if your company will match your or your spouse’s gift. Or click here to see if your company offers a Matching Gifts program.
OSA’s Annual Benefit
Every year OSA’s Board of Directors organizes our Annual Benefit, a special event that promotes OSA and raises awareness about the school. Past venues include Yoshi’s Oakland and Freight and Salvage Coffeehouse in Berkeley. This very special evening features student and guest performances and we invite our parent and local community to join us and bring any friends who may be interested in learning more about and supporting OSA.
OSA students work extremely hard each year to create and participate in exceptional performances and exhibitions in their art emphasis. Parent and community support via attendance to these events is highly encouraged!
Whether it’s helping hang student artwork for an exhibition, taking tickets at the door, helping to stuff envelopes for a large mailing, OSA greatly appreciates our volunteers and their efforts! And if you are a parent, you can also find ways of involvement through OSA’s Alliance of Parents and Teachers (APT)!
What if I cannot afford to make a large gift?
Regardless of your available resources, a gift of any size to OSA helps provide that extra edge of excellence that is evident in all ten of our Schools of Art. Widespread community support inspires others to give, including major donors and foundations.