The Office of Advancement is charged with fundraising and communications to sustain and amplify the public, immersive arts education we offer here in the heart of Oakland. If you’re looking to make a difference alongside like-minded parents and community members, please join us as a volunteer!
For our most flexible and hands-on opportunities to pitch in, sign on as an Annual Fund Ambassador. If you’re looking for a more focused, sustained leadership opportunity, join our Marketing Committee or Leadership Circle Steering Committee. (And of course you are welcome to sign up for more than one of these roles if you’d like!)
Thank you so much for your generous support.
Annual Fund Ambassadors
As an ambassador, you will be included on calls to action via email to assist the Office of Advancement in various efforts throughout the year. Join as few or as many as you would like! Some of these efforts will include:
- Participating in the Annual Fund phone-a-thon
- Securing in-kind donations for Heart of Oakland auction this spring
- Documenting all-school fundraising events (photography and video)
- Lending event-day support (set up chairs, decorate space, receive guests, etc.)
- Sharing Annual Fund messages with OSA families and outside communities
Annual Fund Ambassadors will be supported by Crystal Pascucci, Associate Advancement Director. Feel free to reach out to her directly at email@example.com
if you have questions or ideas!
Leadership Circle Steering Committee
OSA’s Office of Advancement seeks enthusiastic parents and community leaders to join a Leadership Circle Steering Committee, both a working and advisory group, which will drive the success of OSA’s fundraising among OSA’s most generous donors and funders in its pivotal 20th Anniversary Year.
- Average 2-4 hours per month time commitment October - June
- Participate in training offered by the Office of Advancement
- Attend Monthly Committee Meetings
- Make a Leadership Circle ($2,500 or more) contribution to OSA prior to fall kick off event
- Identify prospective individual donors, foundation funders and corporate sponsors, and advise on their interests and circumstances
- Advise on the development of fund development messaging and materials
- Make calls, send emails, and set up meetings to ask for potential donors and funders’ support of OSA
- Participate in donor cultivation and stewardship activities
No prior experience is necessary, although we especially encourage you to join us if you have experience in PR and communications, sales, sponsorship, fundraising or philanthropy.
This group will be supported by Vanessa Baker Rodriguez, Interim Advancement Director, and we are looking for a volunteer who would like to lead! If you have questions or are interested in leading the group, please reach out at Steven Borg, Director of Advancement & Marketing at 510-873-8800.
OSA’s Office of Advancement seeks enthusiastic parents and community leaders to join a Marketing Committee, both a working and advisory group, which will drive the success of OSA’s marketing and communications in its pivotal 20th Anniversary Year.
- Average 2 hours per month time commitment October - June
- Attend Monthly Committee Meetings
- Advise on the development of messaging and materials (e.g. Case for Support, Sponsorship Deck, Annual Fund Mailers)
- Compose press releases and pitch media around 20th Anniversary
- Interview and write up stories from students, alumni, and parents for social media and e-newsletter
No prior experience is necessary, although we especially encourage you to join us if you have experience in marketing, PR, communications, fundraising or social media.
This group will be facilitated by Anne McSilver, a parent volunteer, with the support of Crystal Pascucci. Feel free to reach out to either of them if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org